CBD is the talk of the town today in the health and wellness industry for many good reasons. Its benefits for the human body can’t be denied. Now that it’s considered legal for medical use, all the more that one has no reason to not try CBD.
It’s no secret that CBD could have the power to potentially change lives. There are boundless claims of what CBD can do, from relieving anxiety to minimizing chronic pain. It’s everywhere these days too. You can buy Best CBD oil online throughout the United States as long as it abides by legal guidelines, including minimizing the THC content to 0.3 percent or less.
But is CBD a “sometimes” thing, or should it be taken every day? This is commonly asked in the CBD community, especially for those trying to save money. The best CBD oil is not cheap, but most people find it worthwhile to take it every day rather than occasionally. However, for many who swear by the benefits that CBD can bring, they’d say that this is an expense worth making. They believe that CBD is much better than one’s health compared to synthetic and over-the-counter medicines.
That said, let’s look at some of the top benefits of CBD as well as the benefits of making it part of your daily routine.
Table of Contents
CBD And Your Endocannabinoid System
To understand exactly why taking CBD daily is so beneficial, you must understand how CBD works within your body. There’s an essential structure in your body called the endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for monitoring things like hormonal levels and immune system responses. It’s composed of cannabinoids that send messages about hormones and immune responses to endocannabinoids, which receive them and tell the brain what to do.
Your body has tons of naturally occurring cannabinoids that run your endocannabinoid system. It’s believed that taking CBD increases the number of cannabinoids in your system to help your hormone levels reach a point of homeostasis. When you have a spike of cortisol (the stress hormone), for example, the additional cannabinoids can prevent that cortisol from reaching your brain and causing mental health problems.
The additional cannabinoids are also believed to bind to your CB1 receptors, helping to inhibit physical symptoms. For example, pain and inflammation are major immune responses to an injury, big or small. Lab-tested CBD gummies and other tested products might help to limit the pain and inflammation you feel in your body as a result of inhibiting some of those immune responses.
The extra cannabinoids in your system probably can’t level off your entire endocannabinoid system. There are responses that will still get through, which can be a good thing. You wouldn’t want to completely eliminate pain after an injury, for example, because then you wouldn’t know to stop performing the movement that caused the injury, and you might injure yourself further.
But it’s believed to significantly minimize some of the negative responses you might feel in order to make life more bearable.
Consistent Use Yields Consistent Results
Now that you understand how CBD works within your body, it’s easier to comprehend the importance of consistency in use. Many people feel a positive effect when using CBD for the first time, but many others don’t. They need time to build up cannabinoids in their system so that they can do the job properly.
If you’re one of those people that don’t feel the effects right away, give it time. Your endocannabinoid system is learning what it’s like to be normal again, and it sometimes takes a few doses for that to become the new normal.
It usually takes between 24-48 hours for the CBD to course through your system, depending on how you used it. If you skip a day or only take CBD once per week, you’ll only feel the effects for that short period of time, and there will be gaps in holistic wellness.
It’s recommended that you take CBD daily, but how often you take it daily depends on what you’re taking it for, your genetics, your size, and other factors. You might need to take CBD once per day or multiple to get the full effect. Just make sure you’re not getting more than you need since that can lead to uncomfortable side effects.
Ways To Take CBD
How long CBD stays in your system depends on how you take CBD. Some types of CBD remain in your system for a full two days while others are in and out within a matter of hours. When you know what type of CBD you’re using, it’s easier to understand how often you should take it.
- Sublingual CBD tinctures have a high absorption rate and a slow-release in your system. You hold the spray or tincture in your mouth for a minute or two before swallowing, which allows the CBD to absorb into your bloodstream through your mouth as well as through digestion.
- Edible forms of CBD like gummies also have a somewhat slow release because it takes about a day for it to work through digestion and then a day or two more for it to remain in your bloodstream.
- Creams take time to penetrate the top layers of skin so that the CBD can reach your bloodstream, but once it’s there, it can remain for about a day. CBD cream is also excellent to incorporate into your daily beauty routine. The advantage here is that what you’re lathering on your face or skin is free from any unwanted chemicals that you may unknowingly have an aversion to.
- Vape juice and other forms of CBD that you breathe in to have the shortest life spans in your system. You breathe in the CBD, and a small portion of it reaches your bloodstream because you breathe the rest out with your carbon dioxide.
This guide is a helpful start for determining how often you need to take CBD to experience consistent results, but ultimately, you should listen to your body. If the effects are fading between doses, you might not be taking it often enough. If you’re feeling side effects daily, you might be taking it too often. It’s a game of trial and error, but many people have figured out how to take CBD regularly for the biggest benefits.
All The Things CBD Could Do For You
In case you still need convincing that CBD can make a huge difference in your daily life, let’s look at the many things that CBD can for you when it’s taken on a daily basis.
- CBD is believed to target the production of cortisol, the stress hormone that’s responsible for most anxiety disorders. Many patients who use CBD for their anxiety say it works as well if not better than their anti-anxiety medications. When you’re constantly stressed and anxious, take CBD instead. Or, end the night with a CBD massage. This new level of relaxation brought about by CBD will have you bidding farewell to anti-anxiety medications that can only do so little and may have negative side effects.
- CBD may help you sleep by treating anxiety, relaxing your muscles, and allowing your natural melatonin to help you find sleep and peace each night. This works best particularly for those who constantly experience insomnia. This is evident when you wake up the next morning still feeling as tired as when you went to bed. CBD gives you a restful sleep and it’ll also provide that new feeling of energy and happiness when you wake up.
- CBD could help to stave off serious health issues like heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and even cancer. Taking it daily along with keeping other healthy habits could be your ticket to lifelong health.
- CBD creams are supposed to help treat acne and signs of aging. It’s infiltrated the beauty industry in a big way because it seems to effectively target the sebum production, inflammation, and redness associated with many skin conditions.
- CBD used both internally and topical has also been linked with pain and inflammation relief. Those with chronic pain who use CBD swear that it’s a game-changer for their daily pain. Note that external pain occurs because of inflammation on the inside. Since it interacts with the endocannabinoid system of the body, CBD targets the inflammation first on the inside. When this is addressed, your body starts to experience that pleasant relief from pain, without having to be dependent on anti-pain medication.
If you’re going to use CBD, you might as well use it every day. In doing so, you’re able to experience the best benefits that CBD can bring for your overall health and wellness. You won’t be able to let go of the feeling of peace and wholeness that comes when your endocannabinoid system is balanced and your biggest ailments fade to the background. But, the key takeaway here for you to be mindful of is that when you choose to take CBD every day, be sure that you keep within the minimum dose that’s right for you. Whenever you’re unsure, always ask a medical professional. Yes, CBD is generally safe, as it’s pure and natural, but every person reacts differently, even to the most natural of all products.