Have you ever applied dip powder nails at home? If not, then it is quite easy to do. Yes, there are a variety of dip powder kits that you can buy, which can be used to apply your nails without a problem in the comfort of your own home.
When applying dip powder nails, it’s always important to avoid rushing the application process to ensure that you get the best dip powder nails you can. With that being said, here’s what you need to do in order to achieve this aim…
Understanding the Dip Powder Nail Application Process
You will need to go through roughly 6 steps in order to apply your dip powder nails properly. It does take a bit of experimentation in order to make it work, but you will find that the nails will look great and are well worth the effort.
- The first thing you want to do is to clean your nails and ensure that you remove any dead skin or nail polish. You will also want to push the cuticle back and ensure that your nails have the shape you want, which is always important.
- Add the base coat. This is essential, since it creates a surface on which you can stick the powder to.
- Now you will have to dip the nails into the powder. Ideally you want to dip them in at an angle of 45 degrees – nothing more than that.
- After you do that, you need to remove the nail from the powder, leave it to dry, and then remove the extra powder once the base coat has dried properly. You can use a brush to do that.
- Add the base coat, dip the nail again and remove it, then brush off the excess powder.
- At the end, you want to add a sealant to protect your nails from the powder. If you want your nails to look glossy, you can add yet another layer.
How Easy is it to Remove Dip Powder Nails?
Yes, there are actually multiple methods you can use to remove your dip powder nails. A good one is to pour acetone into a bowl, then apply some petroleum jelly onto the fingertips to protect them from drying out. You then simply dip the nails into acetone, and it will do its job to remove the dip powder on its own. You can use a pusher to remove the dip powder. Once you do this, ensure that you add some natural oil that will help restore the moisture properly to your nails.
Dip powder nails can be a great option for a lot of people. You should give them a try for yourself to see if you like this method of nail application or not.