When it comes to business, one of the biggest differentiators you can add is same-day delivery. A whopping 80% of customers want same day service and over 60% are willing to pay a premium for it. That means that as a small business, choosing same-day delivery can make a tremendous impact on your company.
Before we jump in its important to consider that almost all business is taking place online these days. The immediate gratification and instant access that comes with the online experience has shaped the future of all business. With the future of business falling on the shoulders of Millennials who expect same-day shipping, it only makes sense to make this a mainstay of your business.
Below we have listed just a few of the many benefits you can expect from adding this to your repertoire.
Benefit #1: Reduce Liability
Since same-day delivery means that your package is picked up from one place and is brought directly to the recipient, your parcel will never go through unnecessary procedures, such as sorting and processing.
Cutting out any “middle” process means you can cut down on the chances and cost that comes with lost or even damaged goods. When you choose a courier service, like CitySprint, you then add security via insured delivery personnel who have been carefully trained on handling the delivery.
Benefit #2: Competitive Edge
Offering same day service will help you stand out from your competition. As a small business, anyway that you can distinguish yourself from others gives you a huge advantage. By 2025, it is estimated that same day service will surpass standards deliveries as more and more customers and businesses will require this level of turn around. If you are concerned about the increase in cost consider this:
- Customer retention
- Higher conversion rates – instant gratification sells
- Decrease costs over lost or canceled delivery
Benefit #3: Tracking
The #1 way to increase traffic and generate more business is by providing your customers with the ultimate experience. Unlike other postal services offering same-day service should include real-time tracking.
This allows clients to watch their delivery en route and provides you with a timestamp upon delivery. As mentioned above this directly improves your customer experience and reduces costs from cancellations or lost goods as well.
Benefit #4: On-Demand
Always choose a courier service that gives you the option to book on-demand and schedule same-day deliveries for future dates as well. This will allow you to streamline your process and be prepared for any and all orders that come in.
Many niches such as legal and medical rely on on-demand services to deliver 24/7, 365, no matter what.
A Few Tips
After reviewing the benefits it should be pretty clear that same-day delivery is a game-changer. To get started consider these few tips:
- Do your research – there are many courier services but you want to have the most secure, trained professionals that offer real-time tracking for the ultimate customer experience
- Optimize your website – if you haven’t already make sure your site is 100% responsive on all smart devices before adding delivery options
- Create your same-day delivery service that makes sense within your framework. If you are a small business this may be special when customers spend $100 or more if you are a B2B this may look like a concierge service for legal and medical-related documents
- Analytics – always test your market Adding same-day service should increase your organic traffic and overall revenue if marketed correctly
- Review and Revise – every great company knows you need to review and fix whatever is lacking. Adding this type of delivery is a major differentiator but if you are not marketing this service correctly your current clients and new customers won’t know about it
When it comes to having the ultimate competitive edge, few things beat same-day delivery service. These types of amenities act as a win-win reducing your overhead and providing the ultimate experience for B2B and B2C. With additional features such as real-time tracking and on-demand delivery, you can be sure your parcels arrive on time, every time, without lost or damaged goods. Choose an excellent courier service that can provide all of the above, and prepare yourself for a significant lift in revenue and customer loyalty.