Florida is one of those states that require drivers to have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Also, note that Florida is a “no-fault” state, which means that the insurance company of the victim pays the compensation. If you get injured in a car accident, you have to act quickly, and one of the key tasks is to hire a personal injury attorney Boca Raton. Hiring an attorney is often necessary and important for a few reasons. Here’s a list of reasons and circumstances why you will need a car accident attorney.
Circumstances worth knowing
Contact an attorney if:
- The fault in the accident is disputed
- You are likely to be blamed for the accident
- Your injuries are severe
- The insurance company has made a small offer
- Your claim has been denied
- Your claim has been delayed
- Your injuries are likely to impact your life ahead
- You have lost wages and expect to lose future income
How can a car accident attorney help?
Filing your insurance claim may seem easy on paper, but without assistance, you may actually end up accepting whatever the insurance company has to offer. Keep in mind that insurance companies are not exactly your best friends for such claims. They want to eventually reduce their financial liability, and sometimes, they will do anything for that. A car accident attorney can help you in the following ways –
- Guiding on the process. Once you contact a car accident attorney, they will tell you what you should say to the insurance company, steps you can take to strengthen your claim, and dealing with papers and reports.
- Paperwork management. Your attorney is also in charge of handling all the paperwork related to the claim. They will also ensure that there are no small mistakes that are likely to impact your compensation.
- Reviewing your claim. Your car accident attorney should be able to give you a fair idea of what you can expect in compensation and filing a lawsuit is a good idea. They will also guide you on the statute of limitations.
Finally, your attorney will also do their part of the investigation to prove your case. From collecting evidence to talking to witnesses and checking for medical expertise to understand your injuries better, they will do it all. The first appointment with a law firm is usually free, so make sure that you seek assistance of a car accident attorney to know your case better.