New places that have been largely unexplored, a local tourist hotspot only a few hours away from your city, or just to visit an old friend or relatives who live in a small town – we can all agree that there can be many reasons that make you want to go on a road trip. However, we can also agree on the fact that nothing dampens the mood like a traffic jam when you are out on the highway. You can also visit this website https://idayadventures.com/ about road trips, resorts, and their destinations.
Traffic jams at highways can be very stressful. Adding to that, the traffic jams at toll plazas are even more stressful, because the long line of cars, buses, and trucks, all honking and jostling for space, remind you of the very city that you escaped to go on the relaxing road trip.
Now that’s where FASTag comes in to save the day, for you, your family, and for everyone else who is on the highway as well.
What is FASTag?
FASTag is a simple prepaid tag which can be fixed into a vehicle’s windscreen and ensures that you do not have to stand in long queues at the toll plazas. Simply put the FASTag, and the RFID technology that powers the entire system automatically deducts the toll collection from your pre-linked FASTag account.
With FASTag at your service, the time that you spent waiting in the long car queues, moving up one car ahead at a time, and the cash exchanges that often turned difficult because you didn’t have any change – all that can now be finally forgotten.
Now you can simply breeze past toll plazas and enjoy your trip to the fullest.
Is FASTag safe?
FASTag is meant to reduce traffic on the highways, ensures smoother collection of toll tax and reduces dependency upon cash. It is also an incredibly simple and safe platform since it has been developed by the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) under the guidance of the Government of India.
What are the advantages of FASTag?
To put it comprehensively, these are various benefits of FASTag that make it a unique solution to end all your highway woes:
- Reduces fuel consumption on vehicles passing through the toll plaza, by not making them wait
- Improves the air quality around the toll plaza by allowing faster passage of vehicles
- Pay money digitally, and avoid worrying about making cash-based transactions with the toll plaza workers
- FASTag works all across the country, so a single RFID tag can be used regardless of which toll plaza you will be crossing throughout India
- Digital transactions via FASTag pave the way towards a more transparent and easily identifiable tax collection process
- In times of a pandemic, you can engage in cashless and non-touch payments through FASTag, thereby reducing in-person contact with the toll plaza officials.
What documents do I need to get a FASTag?
These are the list of documents that you need to provide to get a FASTag:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle that you will be driving
- Passport sized photo
- A photo ID proof, such as Aadhaar, Passport or Voter ID card
How do I pay with FASTag?
There are multiple RFID scanners installed in the toll plazas, which scan the FASTag code on your windshield and the amount gets deducted directly from your bank account. You can link FASTag directly to your mobile wallet or your bank’s savings account, which makes your road trip seamless and hassle free.
You can also buy your new FASTag through the Airtel Thanks app easily. Just pay ₹450 as a first time payment to get your FASTag ready and zoom past the toll booths in no time. You can also use the Airtel Thanks app for a variety of other features such as mobile recharges, utility bill payments, sending money to your dear ones, and so much more.
The Government of India is strongly pushing the adoption of FASTag, and as a result, almost 80 percent of the country’s toll collection is now being collected through FASTag. So, get your FASTag pass today, and let the adventures begin!