An all-terrain vehicle, also known as an ATV is designed to handle a wide variety of terrains than most vehicles. ATVs are motorized vehicles meant for dirt roads or off-roads terrains and dirt roads in most countries. ATVs are not allowed on paved roads and highways. ATVs are popular vehicles for off-roading enthusiasts. Since it is not allowed on the streets, riders do not need a license to operate an ATV.
ATVs usually have four big tires, with a seat in the centre for the operator to steer using the handlebars. Some ATVs are designed to carry passengers. ATVs are commonly used for recreation, transporting supplies, ploughing fields, harrowing fields, ploughing snow, raking, mowing grass, building fences, spreading seeds, carrying firewood, and many others.
ATVs have large and powerful engines. They do not have safety cages or safety belts. They can be unstable and tip or roll over easily, throwing off their operators, causing serious injuries. Riders or operators are to follow safety precautions and understand how to safely operate the vehicles to avoid injury or death. Riders and passengers are advised to wear safety riding gears to protect against injuries.
Some of the top reliable ATV brands include Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda. If you are planning to buy a new ATV, these are the brands worth considering. If you already have an ATV and planning to do some major upgrades, you can go online to find the best ATV parts on sale easily.
If you are worried about bursting your budget, you can consider getting financing help cover the expenses. How to get financing on ATV parts for upgrading?
- Applying for a small loan. You have the options of applying for a small loan from banks or personal loan providers. If you are opting for a personal loan provider, make sure to go through their customers’ reviews first to check their credentials and reputation.
- Apply for in-store financing on ATV parts. Some ATV parts provider offer good financing options which you can’t find elsewhere. Before committing to the loan, you must understand all the details, the interest rates, and reading carefully the fine prints.
- Get financing from Credit Union. Credit union often provides affordable financing options with repayment terms of six months or less. Applicants must be a member for at least a month.
Types of upgrade to prepare your ATV for your favourite activities:
- Installing a winch to carry tow ropes and shackles for all types of ATVs.
- Installation of storage racks to tie down equipment for ranch use, storing of trail tools, camping equipment, tools and food.
- Installing of front and rear bumpers to protect your ATV. Bumpers act as hand-holds or lift, tow and winch points in case your ATV get stuck.
- Installing of skid plates to protect the underside from rocks, trees, etc.
- If you are planning taking the ATV through mud or snow trails, upgrading the wheels and tires to Kenda K299 Bear Claw ATV/UTV tires would be the best option.
- Even though most ATVs generally come with basic stock shocks, you can have the stocks disassembled and rebuild with new springs and valves.
- Other upgrades to consider includes electronic power steering, lighting, hand/brush guards, and etc.