EA has rolled out Patch 1.02 for SSX. The update adds two new game modes plus game tweeks and changes.
A countdown timer for the entire run is also implemented in this mode. The winner is determined by who can post the highest score AND cross the finish line before the clock hits zero. The amount of time given on every drop varies based on the length of the track and the Heat Pacing setting – Hyper, Standard or Relaxed.
For those who want to compete against only your friends or with a specific set of rules on your favourite drop, you can create custom 3-2-1-GO! Race and Trick events.
The other new way to play SSX is one of the most requested modes from the community – Freeride. Navigate to any drop on the globe in Explore, and before selecting your track you will now see a button callout in the bottom left of the screen called Freeride. After going through the regular flow of selecting your rider and gear, the helicopter will drop you off and you will no longer see the HUD.
There are no rules, no ghosts, no clock, no score and no other riders. Just you, the mountain and your music, free to explore your surroundings at your own pace and with your own style. Once you’ve reached the bottom, the helicopter will be waiting to take you back to do it all again.
Ride for as long as you like and enjoy some of the most breathtaking scenery found in the world of SSX.
In addition to the new game modes, EA have made many improvements to the title, here are a few highlights:
- SSX Update feature: Brings you all the latest information you nee to know about any future updates or fixes to the game.
- There was an issue with collecting a large amount of Geotags that resulted in a crash. This issue is now fixed.
- There was an issue with earning a large number of Credits in your bank. Having a couple of billion credits in your bank account can now only be considered a good thing!
- A fix has been implemented in the lifetime earnings display to reflect the above fix.
- If you have not already earned any of these 3 global event badges, the game will grant them to you automatically when you join any Glob Event: “Part of the Crowd”, “I Want To Belong” and ” Bandwagon”. EA have also fixed a rare problem with “The Gold Miner” not unlocking correctly for some players.
- If you are a popular player with many friends, you have probably grown frustrated with the speed and performance of the Returned menu. This is now much improved.
- Players with many friends have also likely experienced an issue with RiderNet not remembering some of your Global Event information, or even the fact that you had paid and entered certain events from time to time. The saving and loading of this information has also been greatly improved.
Via: EA Sports