More details regarding Superbot Entertainment’s new PS3 exclusive fighter have surfaced from yesterday’s panel discussion during EVO 2012.
The studio explained why Tekken’s Heihachi Mishima and SCEJ mascot Toro were chosen for the game, how they go about selecting characters and how much influence SBE has over the process
How Characters are selected:
- interesting and unique gameplay is first and foremost
- characters people associate with PlayStation
- characters that make the game better
- not necessary a balance of era (PSX, PS2, PS3, etc)
- characters that are popular/niche
- character selections not entirely up to superbot
Why Tekken’s Heihachi Mishima was added:
-He was a cool character
-Tekken is a PlayStation fighting game
-He is the patriarch of the Mishima family
+ up close, combo oriented
+ lots of dodge attacks to close the gap between him and his opponents
+ He has a move where he throws a bowling pin (an homage to Tekken 2)
+ His Lvl 3 Super is based off his Tekken 5 Ending
Why Toro was added:
-Really big in japan
-Official PlayStation mascot
+ loves cosplay and wants to be human
+ each stance represents various fighting games (MK, SF, and Tekken)
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is due out for most of the world in late October.
Thanks to Aceun from Gamefaqs!